Monday, February 12, 2007

No Surprise?

It occurs to me that anyone reading this who also happens to read the Dead Channel (and I suspect that most of my readers, perhaps all half dozen of them, will visit from time to time), will be getting a blow-by-blow account of every freaking illustration I'm planning for that site. Maybe I should hold something back.

Maybe the next one...

Here is the finished line work:



With that, I crashed onwards into the color. This is a basis for later work, trying to get an idea of the main color decisions and lay some groundwork. In case you think it's too dark, I am planning to brighten the light areas a fair bit, trying to get a fairly stark lighting effect (and darken some of the light on her arms, since it's a bit distracting now). Also, obviously I'm not going to leave her eyes and lips like that. I just want to be able to stare at this tomorrow at work, and make some plans for how to proceed.



Oh, and here's something completely different-- another crappy ten-minute painting.

No comments: