Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Testing...



Click through size is the size I'm planning on publishing (on the Dead Channel).

I'm not satisfied, really, but I'm wanting to get on with telling the story, so I think what I'm going to have to do is set a time limit on myself. Two evenings per frame, including color. So this is the result of a productive night (and probably as good as I'm going to get). I still need some sort of background, and then to color it.

I guess it's not too bad for one night's work with no reference at all...

Another thing I'm thinking of doing is putting up pages as I finish them, instead of waiting for episode boundaries. That, at least, will keep me from giving everything away on my blog before it reaches DC.

Hopefully I'll improve as I go along. Hopefully the story will be good enough to survive the artwork...

4 comments:

Tim Akers said...

I've wanted there to be a consistent visual element to the DC since the very beginning. I'm excited.

Wanderer said...

Looks great. I like the composition a lot. Can't wait to see the final story/illustration combo! :)

colin said...

Thanks guys. My two-day-pre-frame schedule is, of course, typical Colin-scheduling hoodoo. It depends on every night being like last night, which, of course, every night is not. So, two good nights per frame, or an equivalent number of not-so-good nights.

Still, I really really want to start making some progress on this thing, both to keep DC active, and because I'm looking forward to telling the story.

Ah, the endless fountain of optimism... I honestly don't know where I get it.

colin said...

two-day-per-frame. Not pre. Grr.