Thursday, April 12, 2007

What, Exactly

The painting has become a bit uglier, maybe. I think most of that comes from the scratchy black lines I added to re-establish where things should be, plus the rough state of the newest additions, but there's also some ugly in what's happening in the lower left, and I messed up the legs of the woman with the white coat a bit. The legs I will try and fix, and the lower left has got a long way to go before it resembles its final form anyway.

In other news, wow last night's work on the sequential was really frustrating. Still, I'm ready for another go. Sometimes I think I actually have no eye for forms at all. I really like it when a piece of line art seems to have mass and depth, but I just can't get it to work. The more I fiddle with things the more features shift and drift, and no matter how much I try to think about it, I can't seem to feel the shape in my head. I hate that.

No comments: