Monday, May 21, 2007

Content?

In response to Tim's comment on the last post: OK, here's a new post. I assume that's what the cryptic single word meant, anyway.

There are a few reasons I haven't been posty lately. First, I'm trying to put together stuff to post on the Dead Channel, and I'm trying not to reveal too much ahead of time. Second, I'm trying the method that Stephen King outlines in On Writing of doing the first draft "with the door closed." That is, I'm writing quickly (by my standards) and for myself, and with the intent to do a rewrite before showing it to anyone else.

The third reason, though, is the main one: most of the work I have done over the past week has been crap. I've been struggling mainly with Ran's Daughter illustrations that are taking literally forever, plus afore-mentioned novella, and from time to time doing sketches of Gunnar. Nothing I've done has made me want to post it, even as an example of when things go wrong.

Luck will change again, soon enough. I've just got to keep working on it.

2 comments:

Tim Akers said...

I feel...POWERFUL

colin said...

I, on the other hand, am powerless, and must beg repeatedly to be granted even a glimpse of your epic coiffure.