Monday, August 20, 2007

Fear of Color



The line art for my latest illustration is coming along OK, if a little slowly. Wait, that sounds pretty pompous, I guess, since I'm not getting paid for this and doing it to illustrate one of my own stories. How about, "The line art for this picture I'm drawing, here, is coming along."

Now comes the trouble again, with color. I have an image in mind, what it should look like, but when I try to translate that into color, it doesn't seem to work. I can't figure out how to get the colors in my mind onto the screen. Shapes, I've managed this time, but color... damn.

I'm finding it easier to copy color these days (see the image done with Painter below), but when I'm stuck trying to come up with something out of my head, it's still very difficult. It almost seems impossible sometimes.

4 comments:

Tim Akers said...

I would say The Authority, or Planetary. I LOVE those books.

colin said...

Ooh, sneaky, answering a question in a different forum from where it was asked!

Tim Akers said...

Forceps. Forceps and a good condom.

colin said...

Wwwweally?