Monday, May 19, 2008

Cover Me





Diving in, now, on a couple of ambitious projects I've been wanting to do for a long time, but never had the confidence for. This should be entertaining. Sort of like watching the Hindenburg burn, full of poor, helpless pixels.

These are preliminary sketches for two completely different projects. For the bottom one, I intend to do two other versions (sharing very little except the back-story). If it works, that should help fill out the portfolio a bit.

As is typical in my preliminaries, things are a bit all over the place as far as proportions and composition go (that falling woman needs to be redone, I'm already thinking). On the other hand, I always think my prelims look better than the final, probably because a prelim leaves so much to the imagination.

2 comments:

Tim Akers said...

you know, the second one may inform the narrative. We should talk about that.

colin said...

Ruh roh!

You know where to find me. Closet under the stairs, sub-basement two...